Mommy makeovers are becoming more popular again. Due to social media posts, trending plastic surgery procedures and the media-induced “perfect look” mom makeovers are becoming visibly prominent this year.
Patients range in age from recent moms in their twenties and thirties, to 50 and 60-year-olds who want to look more like the younger version of themselves.
Many women attribute their post-pregnancy goals to posts celebrities make highlighting their swift return to their pre-pregnancy selves. Other factors for mom makeover procedures include:
- Appearing more desirable to their significant others
- Fitting back into their pre-pregnancy clothes
- Lack of confidence
- Wanting to appear younger and more rejuvenated.
Some of the most common mommy makeover procedures include:
- Breast lift: Improve and retain sagging skin and breasts caused by breast feeding
- Breast augmentation: Oftentimes a breast augmentation is performed to bring a woman’s cup size back to pre-pregnancy measurements.
- Breast reduction: Reduce the size of breasts caused by pregnancy weight gain
- Tummy tuck: Often performed to eliminate sagging skin and enhance the muscles of the stomach that have been affected by pregnancy changes.
- Liposuction: A liposuction can be performed in a range of problem areas including the stomach, hips thighs and buttocks. It can also be utilized to enhance the shape of contour of specific body areas such as the buttocks.
Before undergoing these procedures, or others that you may choose, both your mind and body are ready for the surgery, recovery and results. Plastic surgery can change your appearance, but their are complications and a certain degree of risk associated with every change. In addition, every change may not be exactly as you imagined.