Mommy makeovers are becoming increasingly popular in the United States. A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures that are performed together to help mothers regain their pre-pregnancy body. The most common procedures performed as part of a mommy makeover are breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction.
Why are Mommy Makeovers Popular?
There are a variety of reasons why mommy makeovers have become so popular, once again, in recent years. Reason relate to new beauty standards, social media, social pressure, renewing self-confidence, and wanting to reclaim parts of the person a woman was before she had children.
Other factors for mom makeover procedures include:
- Appearing more desirable to their significant others
- Fitting back into their pre-pregnancy clothes
- Lack of confidence
- Wanting to appear younger and more rejuvenated.
Let’s explore these reasons more in-depth.
1. New Beauty Standards in 2022 Lead to New Kinds of Mommy Makeovers
In recent years, there have been major changes in what is considered to be an “ideal” body type. In the past, thinness, even extreme thinness, was the most desired attribute, but now curvier figures are more in vogue. You may have been scrolling through your social media feeds and noticed a new emphasis on having a “booty.” This shift can be attributed to a number of factors, such as the rise of social media celebrities with curvier figures, like Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner. This new standard of beauty is also being perpetuated by mainstream media, with shows like Dancing with the Stars and America’s Next Top Model featuring curvier contestants.
The new standard of beauty has had a major impact on mommy makeovers. In the past, many mothers sought out procedures like breast augmentation and liposuction to achieve a thinner, more streamlined figure. But now, thanks to the new standard of beauty, mommy makeovers are becoming more diverse. More and more mothers are seeking out combination cosmetic procedures like butt lifts and thigh lifts to help them achieve the curvier figure they desire.
A modern mommy makeover to fit today’s beauty standards may include:
- A breast lift with or without augmentation
- Tummy tuck that may also include a buttock or thigh lift
- Liposuction and body sculpting
- Fat transfer with the removed fat to emphasize certain curves on the body, especially the buttocks
Instead of just opting to be smaller all around, women are actually keeping their fat and just moving it to another location in the body to add curves.
2. Social Media Plays a Major Role in Mommy Makeovers
Social media plays a major role in the popularity of mommy makeovers. In today’s world, we are constantly bombarded with images of celebrities and other social media influencers who have perfect bodies. It’s no wonder that so many mothers feel pressure to look perfect after having children.
One study found that nearly 60% of mothers feel pressure to lose weight and get their pre-baby body back. This pressure can come from a number of sources, but social media is one of the most significant. With platforms like Instagram and Facebook, it’s easy to compare your own body to the seemingly perfect bodies of celebrities and influencers.
This comparison can lead to feelings of inadequacy and a loss of self-confidence. For many mothers, getting a mommy makeover is a way to regain their confidence and feel good about their bodies again. For some, it will feel empowering to show the world their new after-baby body.
3. Social Pressure To Get Back Your Body
Mommy makeovers are becoming increasingly popular as more and more women feel pressure to look perfect after having children. Unfortunately, this is a thing in our culture. You may hear it from advertisements, magazines, friends your partner, and even your own parents! It seems like everywhere you turn, there is pressure to “bounce back” after having a baby.
This pressure can be incredibly damaging and lead to a lot of self-doubt and body image issues. It’s important to remember that every woman’s body is different and it takes time to recover from childbirth. There is no right or wrong way to look after having a baby.
If you’re considering a mommy makeover, it’s important to do it for yourself and not because of social pressure. You should only get a mommy makeover if you’re unhappy with your post-baby body and you want to make a change for yourself. Don’t let anyone else tell you what you should or shouldn’t do with your body.
4. Renewing Self Confidence is a Major Motivation for Getting a Mommy Makeover
After having children, it’s not uncommon for mothers to feel like they have lost a part of themselves. Their bodies have changed, their priorities have changed and they may feel like they are not the same person they were before. This can lead to a loss of self-confidence or a loss of feeling like “themselves.”
A mommy makeover can be a way for mothers to renew their self-confidence and feel good about their bodies again. For many mothers, the changes that have occurred to their bodies after childbirth are a source of insecurity. By getting a mommy makeover, they can feel like they are taking control of their bodies and reclaiming the person they were before.
A mommy makeover is exciting for those who choose to get one. The effects pregnancy may have on a women’s body are uncontrollable and unpredictable. Mommy makeovers put the power back in a woman’s hands when it comes to her appearance.
5. A Mommy Makeover is an Investment in Yourself
A mommy makeover is an investment in yourself. It is a way to feel good about your body and regain your confidence. It is also a way to take control of your body and your life.
Having children is a wonderful experience, but it can also be a very demanding time. After spending so much time caring for your children, it’s important to take some time for yourself. A mommy makeover can be the perfect way to do just that. It’s a chance to focus on yourself and your needs.
For many mothers, a mommy makeover is an investment in their future. It’s a way to ensure that they will feel good about their bodies and their lives for years to come.
If you’re considering a mommy makeover, it’s important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. They will be able to help you decide which procedures are right for you and answer any questions you may have. Mommy makeovers are becoming increasingly popular, so finding a qualified surgeon should not be difficult.
These are some of the main reasons women continue to choose mommy makeovers after having their children.
What is Right Time for a Mommy Makeover?
There is no right or wrong time to get a mommy makeover. Some women will feel ready soon after they have their baby, while others may wait a few years. Ultimately, the decision of when to get a mommy makeover is a personal one.
Patients range in age from recent moms in their twenties and thirties, to 50 and 60-year-olds who want to look more like the younger version of themselves.
If you’re considering a mommy makeover, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You should be at a stable weight before getting any cosmetic procedures. If you plan to lose more weight, it’s best to wait until you’ve reached your goal weight before getting a mommy makeover.
- You should be done having children before getting a mommy makeover. This is because pregnancy and weight fluctuations can undo the results of your mommy makeover.
- You should be prepared for the recovery process. A mommy makeover is a major surgery and you will need time to recover. If you have young children at home, it’s important to have someone who can help take care of them while you’re recovering.
- If you’re considering a mommy makeover, be sure to do your research and find a reputable plastic surgeon. It’s also important to have realistic expectations for your results. Remember that a mommy makeover is not a way to achieve perfection. Rather, it’s a way to improve your appearance and feel better about your post-baby body.
Some of the most common mommy makeover procedures include:
Common Mommy Makeover Procedures
- Breast lift: Improve and retain sagging skin and breasts caused by breastfeeding and enlargement.
- Breast augmentation: Oftentimes a breast augmentation is performed to bring a woman’s cup size back to pre-pregnancy measurements.
- Breast reduction: Reduce the size of breasts caused by pregnancy weight gain
- Tummy tuck: Often performed to eliminate sagging skin and enhance the muscles of the stomach that have been affected by pregnancy changes.
- Liposuction: A liposuction can be performed in a range of problem areas including the stomach, hips thighs, and buttocks. It can also be utilized to enhance the shape or contour of specific body areas such as the buttocks.
- Fat transfer: This procedure can be used to add volume to areas that have lost fat due to weight loss or pregnancy changes. Or volume may be added to areas you wish had more curves, like the buttocks.
- Thigh lift: A thigh lift can be performed to remove excess skin and fat from the thighs.
- Butt lift: A butt lift can be performed to improve the shape and appearance of the buttocks.
Before undergoing these procedures, or others that you may choose, both your mind and body are ready for the surgery, recovery and results. Plastic surgery can change your appearance, but there are complications and a certain degree of risk associated with every change. In addition, every change may not be exactly as you imagined.
Schedule a Mommy Makeover in Tennessee
Schedule a consultation with The Lett Center to learn more about these procedures and other aesthetic procedures in Mt Juliet, TN.
The Lett Center is a full-service plastic surgery and aesthetics center in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, just outside of Nashville. Dr. David Lett is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has been helping patients achieve their cosmetic goals for over 20 years. The Lett Center offers a wide range of cosmetic surgery and non-surgical aesthetic procedures, including mommy makeovers.