Plastic surgery is a life-changing decision, enabling patients to enhance their appearance to one that has often been long desired. What kind of changes do most patients want?
According to a recent study conducted by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) more than 7,300 respondents indicated:
- Both the specialties of the surgeon and his or her board certification are the most important factors consumers consider when choosing a surgeon.
- One in five people are considering a plastic surgery procedure.
- 66 percent said their top choices include ultrasound, laser light and radio frequency treatments for skin tightening and eliminating wrinkles.
- Laser hair removal, microdermabrasion and laser treatments were also the top choices for eliminating redness, tone and scarring.
- Eighty-eight percent said they were extremely bothered by excess weight and 72 percent mentioned skin texture and discoloration as their biggest insecurities.
- Other areas many found bothersome include forehead lines and wrinkles, cheek wrinkles and excess fat around the neck.
In terms of a cosmetic change, there are many nonsurgical procedures available that enable patients to make a change without undergoing a full, invasive procedure. Two forms of treatment that are available include:
- Vbeam (pulsed dye laser): Using a vascular laser, this treatment removes redness or inflamed blood vessels, eliminating skin discolorations. It’s also used to remove redness left after acne, small spider veins and facial flushing. Skin discolorations noticeable, or not, can have an effect on overall confidence and happiness.
- QuadraLASE: Combining a CO2 laser with an innovative scanning system, complete skin rejuvenation and tightening can be achieved. This can be used to treat a range of issues including wrinkles, uneven skin tones and acne scarring.
Whether you’re interested in an invasive or noninvasive procedure, be sure to research all your options.