PRP*, Platelet-Rich Plasma, is a treatment designed to help stimulate hair growth, promote facial rejuvenation, and diminish the appearance of scars. PRP is an all-natural process in which a small amount of plasma is drawn from the patient’s own blood so there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction or rejection. The plasma contains protein-rich platelets, which promote healing and healthy cell production.
Reasons for Considering PRP:
- Wound healing
- Hair loss
- Reduce the appearance of scars
- Facial rejuvenation including:
- Reduce discoloration
- Volume loss
- Improvement in skin texture
- The practitioner draws an amount of blood similar to what is required for a basic lab test.
- The practitioner places the blood into a centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood
- The platelet-rich plasma is activated to release at least eight essential growth factors and signaling proteins. PRP is a technology that deploys aspects of blood-based biochemistry. Nevertheless, before any treatment, disclose all the medications you are taking to your doctor.
You may feel slight discomfort in the days immediately following the injection. Any discomfort will gradually decrease each day as functional mobility increases, along with endurance and strength. You will notice gradual improvement 2-6 weeks after PRP therapy. Some patients report ongoing improvement 6-9 months after PRP therapy is administered.
*Individual Results May Vary
Disclaimer: Dr. Lett & The Lett Center for Plastic Surgery, Mt. Juliet, TN. The information on this site is intended for general purposes only and is not intended to nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The photos on this website are not intended to represent the results that every patient can expect. Surgical results are not guaranteed and can vary greatly from patient to patient.