The quest to look younger has been around since the dawn of time, or at least it feels that way. Aging is a part of life that everyone goes through, but for some it can occur a little too early. Take back control of your appearance with the following five tips:
- Be aware of shower habits: According to Marie Claire, long showers with hot water and a lot of soap can actually harm your skin. It can highlight age lines and dullness, as well as eliminate moisture the skin needs to remain fresh and hydrated.
- Drink water: Hydrating your skin can enhance its elasticity as well as appearance. It won’t prevent wrinkles or lines but it can keep you looking and feeling refreshed.
- Get some sleep: Skin can appear dull and lifeless if you don’t get enough sleep, according to Fitness Magazine. Get enough shut eye to spur more collagen production for an overall rejuvenated look.
- Moisturize daily: Daily activities, weather and many other factors can dry out the skin. Apply a moisturizer to ensure skin is soft and supple. Be sure to moisturize before bed as skin can lose up to 25 percent of its water hydration over night.
- Simplicity is key: Implement a beauty routine that you can follow every day. If you have too many steps or use a lot of products, chances are you won’t keep up with it and your skin will pay the price.
The aging process can be slowed down with the right products and proper care, but it can’t be stalled forever. Likewise, not every product you try will make a change. For the harder to fight wrinkles, or deep set age lines, consider a cosmetic procedure such as microdermabrasion or Botox injections.