Plastic surgery for men is steadily rising, according to a recent announcement from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Since 1997, male plastic surgery procedures have increased by 273 percent, surging 43 percent in just the last five years.
The areas that professionals have seen the most significant surgical increases for men include:
Non-surgical procedure increases include:
- Botox (up 84 percent)
- Injectables (up 94 percent)
- Intense pulsed light (up 44 percent)
- Skin tightening (up 37 percent).
In 2014, Americans spent over $12 billion on a wide variety of procedures.
According to Business Insider, there are four types of men that are more likely to have a cosmetic procedure done:
- Male model candidates: Those looking to break into the industry sometimes turn to surgery to fix small imperfections or popular culture talking points.
- A man with a body-building aesthetic: Body builders are constantly on public display and have many different physical areas that need attention.
- The “daddy do-over”: An athletic man who may just want the ability to keep up with his children or get back in touch with his previously youthful appearance.
- Career enhancement CEOs: Some older professionals see getting a little bit of work done as a career plus. They want to feel and appear confidently younger to their employees and possible future clients.
If you are interested in making a cosmetic change, male or female, The Lett Center can help you explore your options. The Letter Center offers a variety of surgical and nonsurgical procedures including body, face and spa services, to enhance your overall appearance. Schedule a consultation today to discuss your body desires.